“In the ancient lore, that’s how it happened. ” Imala’s grandmother sighed gently. “They had such ways of purity through the mind that they could change matter. ” Imala gaped curiously. “A total biological procedure that was initiated by one amazing thought of clear selfless love. It was sacred and unconditional then, the activity of love. The mental impact began slowly and grew into what those people later called ecstasy or bliss.” Imala was intrigued.
At sixteen, Imala had had her fair share of suitors, being a princess-daughter of the Emperor and Empress of the most powerful kingdom in the lands north, south, east and west of the Himalaya. Today she was meeting eight of them, from far and wide, for a Choosing Ceremony. She would pick the one she felt best by looking into his eyes for one minute or so.
Her grandmother had taught her this skill of intuition. In ten years, she would learn more of the kiss and how children came to be. Much more was to happen in between.
It’s better to put intentions down on paper. Definitely carries more clout and accountability. So whilst the auspicious month of January has been in full fast swing and is now almost over, I again reflect on my good writing aims for 2019.
- Submit and get published.
- Write more short stories. (And poetry).
- Continue to hone the stories.
- Promote novella (already published).
- Keep growing plot and characters of next spec fic novel.
- Don’t stress on it. Lots is happening!
- Continue to engage in writing society that suits what I write.
- Attend writers festivals and conferences that suit what I write.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Writers world is a huge one and can get very exciting.
- Smile, breathe, meditate, do day job and don’t over think.
- Blog weekly (did I say that?!)
In exactly three weeks today, I will be returning to India, the land of myth and legends. I am travelling with two known female friends. We will fly, bus and taxi to our destination, Mount Abu – a hill station 4000 feet above sea level in the ancient Aravali mountains. We will meet others on the way who are also heading to the mighty mount to refresh and willingly chill, getting most of the accumulated mental excess of waste and worry out of our heads for another year. A fine time of polishing and rejuvenating the soul.